Langford Gems and Lapidary has a selection of hand picked, premium cut gemstones from all over the world; taking a single piece of naturally shaped gem rough and sculpting it into a finished and professionally cut gemstone.
Scott Langford, master gemcutter, works with the stone’s natural form and creates brilliantly stunning pieces; hand crafted, faceted and cabochon gemstones and all things different.
He produces high quality, unique pieces.
About Langford Gems
Langford Gems and Lapidary was established in 1997 by master gem cutter Scott Langford.
Scott is a qualified gemmologist (Diploma of Gemmology) and a member of the Gemmological Association of Australia (GAA).
Langford gems and Lapidary is primarily a wholesaler and service provider to the Australian Jewellery Trade. Scott is well respected within the trade.
Langford’s Gems are available to retail clients online only – we do not have a physical store for retail sales.
Our lapidary services for wholesale trade include:
- Selling of premium cut gemstones – retail customers online only.
- Trade customers can access wholesale on the website via the registration/log in button, or contact us directly.
- Selling of calibrated gemstones – predominantly sapphire rounds in all colours.
- Re-cutting and re-polishing of faceted stones, cabochons and all types of opal
- Cutting of gem rough into finished stones in all types of material
- Small scale drilling
- Custom gem cutting to suit unique and individual designs
- Gemmological testing of stones for identification purposes, certificates provided upon request. Note – not a valuation.
Scott has fostered his keen interest in gemstones since youth through studying, training and working. He started studying jewellery leading to his employment as a junior lapidarist under the guidance of Murray Thompson Lapidary and eventually, established his own business where he’s developed his own style of cutting, which has made him the master gem cutter he is today. Now living and working in the Adelaide Hills, South Australia with his wife and young family.